Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Lisa Pulliam


13 places I'd like to visit that I've never been before (in no particular order except for #1)

1. Scotland - all of it. The castles, the Highlands, everything. I'd love to drink a bottle of Catto Whisky (made in Scotland, in my ancestrage) while planting my butt in the middle of Aberdeen (where my family is from).

2. England - lots of places; London, Bath, Stonehenge, Oxford, Whitby (where Bram Stoker wrote most of Dracula) and more.

3. Mutter Museum in Philadelphia. All sorts of cool creepy human body stuff.

4. Transylvania. They're building a Dracula theme park. A DRACULA THEME PARK. How can I not go?

5. Some really cool museum I saw on the travel channel (in Germany or England) with creepy cool stuff in it.

6. Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany

7. Greece. ALL OF IT. All of the ruins.

8. Rome and Venice, Italy

9. British Columbia, Canada

10. Salem, Mass

11. Hershey, PA. Mmmmm, chocolate everywhere.

12. New Orleans

13. Gold Hill, Oregon to the house with the cool magnetic stuff going on.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

7 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Wow. That list is so close to mine, it's scary.

Minus the dracula theme park. A Zsadist theme park? Sure. I'm there, but I'm not too wild about Dracula himself. ;)

Greece - ah, dear. We should just go together with a little side-trip to Egypt since the DH flat out refuses to ever go there. (EVER. Did I say that clear enough? Sheesh...)

Lisa Pulliam said...

How the hell did I forget the Egyptian pyramids? There was something bugging me but I couldn't remember what. That was it!!! Ok, it's Thursday 14 now :-)

A Zsadist theme park...mmmmmmmm....

I would go to Greece with you! And Egypt! Holy crap that would be fun. Going to all the ruins and recalling the mythology of it. So geeky but SO MUCH FUN!

I can't believe he won't go! I made mine take Greek mythology classes with me in college so that he would develop an interest in it. Muhahahahaha. It worked too.

But seriously, when you get that huge advance on your book. Set some aside for a trip ;-)

Lisa Pulliam said...

Woohoo! My first spam! I guess I should reactivate the key-typing.

chanceofbooks said...

Hmm. Let's look at how this list was scientifically developed: If there be vampires: Lisa be there. If there be any HINT of the paranormal: Lisa be there. If there be weirdness: Lisa be there. You could do your own tour of the weird :P :P:P

Lisa Pulliam said...

Pink camo pants! OOOOOOH! Yes, you have to read those books Piper. They're wonderfully delicious. We all would have a fantabulous time cruising exotic points of the world ;-)

S William - that's what I love about it! There's a HUGE colon on display. So cool.

Lainey - You have been to some wonderful places!!! When I get to go to some I'll ask you for some suggestions :-)

Bethany - That would be so cool! Maybe people would pay me to take them to creepy places. That would be an awesome job. Off to daydream about it...

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Ooh. I forgot to tell you I've BEEN to Hershey, PA. My aunt and uncle live not far from there. The streetlamps are shaped like Hershey Kisses. It really IS a magical place to be. ;)

Lisa Pulliam said...

Streetlamps shaped like Hershey kisses?!?!?!? Oh I gotta go!