Monday, October 02, 2006

Bring back Jeff!

There is a hole in my heart. The hole can only be filled by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. To some, he's known as Denny on Grey's Anatomy. To others he's known as John (the dad) in Supernatural.













Why, oh why must he be killed off every television show? Why must this rugged, Seattle-born manly man be deprived of his God-given right to grace the fairer sex with his raspy voice? Why can't we still enjoy the kind, positive spirit of Denny or the protective nature of John?

I curse you screenwriters. I curse you for depriving me of my weekly enjoyment. The only thing that will keep me going are the five movies he will appear in during 2007 and 2008.

Thank you Jeffrey. Thank you for providing millions of television watchers with the enjoyment of your alluring smile, your kind eyes, and your endearing dimples.

R.I.P. Denny and John. May you forever be in our fanta...thoughts.

P.S. His birthday is the day after mine. Fate? Yes, I'd like to think so.

6 comments:

Kay Richardson said...

He does have a lovely face.

Paty Jager said...

CUUTE! Nice hero material.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

PTTHTHT on Piper.

I love his eyes. They've seen a lot, that's why they're shadowed, low, secretive. Mind you, they aren't Paul Walker eyes *drooool* but they're still nice.

Karmela said...

I knew as soon as he showed up again in Supernatural that they were going to kill him off. The creators of SN have already acknowledged their great adherence to The Hero's Journey credo, and one of its tenets is that the mentor/father figure has to die. The way Obi Wan died, the way Dumbledore died, the way Morpheus shoulda died. It would have made a better story if he did, I thought. And so, SuperNatudad had to die too, sad to say. ::sniff::

Lisa Pulliam said...

Oh, don't feel inferior S William. Just remember, he's been killed off two television shows. And you're still writing! :-)

Kay, yes he does. And his eyes, oh his eyes. I usually go for clean shaven, but he can wear stubble like no other.

Paty, very nice hero material. I'm hoping he'll be the hero of my autobiography. Bwah bwah bwah

Piper, droopy eyes? DROOPY EYES? If I didn't love you so much, I'd be offended. Haha! And no, you can't have GB to yourself.

Eli, there's something wrong when you and I are agreeing on a man instead of me and Piper. Is it a full moon? I agree with you on the eyes :-) And his voice is like butter (imagine it was pronounced "butta").

Lisa Pulliam said...

Hahaha! That would be such a fun short story! The women finally decide amongst themselves a time schedule. They go to grab him and he's gone. There's nothing but empty shackles and a note from the men that the "situation" was handled.