Monday, October 30, 2006

Ass Flasher R-Us

The weekend was fun. I'll tell the story with pictures.

Saturday morning I headed south to Eugene for the Duck game. There was an accident on I-5 so we sat in traffic for a while. Luckily we were surrounded by Duck fans, and some poor Beaver fans who were going to miss Kick-Off because of the traffic (their game was 3.5 hours earlier than ours).

This guy has a great get-up on his car. As you can see, on the left of the bumper hangs a Beaver and a Husky hangs from the right. Boy, I love college football!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the game, we stopped at my house so I could get ready for the Halloween party. I went everywhere the night before to try and find a black short-hair wig, but I only found a pink one. You may be surprised to know I didn't want to wear the pink one. I thought black would have completed the costume better and toned it down a bit. Oh well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I would like to report that my push-up bra was a success. My mom took a picture of my cleavage on her camera phone and began sending it around. At that point I had had a good amount of everclear, so I didn't stop her.

The party was a lot of fun. I was happy to two of my favorite men, Chris and Adam (in pics below Chris has the Harley rag and Adam is giving a solid impression of Zoolander's Blue Steel look).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Unfortunately they didn't have the Everclear jungle juice I had hoped for. So I drank a half dozen Smirnoff Black Cherry drinks before I thought I'd die of over-sweetness. I took a couple swigs of a keg tap filled with Pabst Blue Ribbon, but I went back to Smirnoff. PBR is disgusting. And I should mentioned that there wasn't a keg at the party, a guy showed up in a keg costume and his hat was filled with beer and it had a tap on it. I failed to take a picture. Dammit.

I tried to do a little swing dancing, but I kept yanking my dress down to avoid any Ass Flashing incidents. But in the inebriated state I was in, I yanked much too hard and made numerous tears in my costume (not to mention a couple of incidents of ass flashing when I was swung too hard dancing - thank God for the black tights). When I returned to my parent's house after my dad picking me up (he's so awesome, he drove me so I could drink), my mom said "you look like someone threw you in a haystack and molested you." I should have taken an after-picture with all the holes. It was a sight to see. Hopefully I can patch them up and sell the costume on ebay next year.

My dad drove me back to Salem yesterday (isn't that cute with Roxy sitting in his lap?) and he worked on fixing one side of my fence so my dog can't get between the front and back yard. I want to keep her in the backyard when I'm in the house, otherwise she barks like crazy at the passing cars in the front.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He patched the gap with chicken wire, but Houdini still almost made it through, as you can see. He had to make it like a prison fence, with wire tilting at an angle to prevent climbing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

While he was working on that, Roxy drug a branch bigger than her and played in my pile of leaves.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I'll leave you with this photo that I find beautiful - an Oregon autumn. It's hard to tell, but each of those trees have leaves of different colors. Red, orange and yellow-orange from left to right. Bea-uuuuu-ti-ful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All in all it was a great weekend. How was your weekend?

12 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great weekend!

I had my book signing which was a blast after much worry. Then at a dinner last night one of the people who bought my book and started reading it right away talked about how it made her laugh, she could visualize what I wrote about and couldn't wait to go home and read more! And a friend called (male in his 70's)and said he loved the book. He didn't normally read, but it was keeping him interested. Those comments made my weekend!

chanceofbooks said...

love your pics. Dog is too cute. Your costume rocks. We reinforced the fence for our escape artist with concrete blocks along the base which you can get cheap at lowes.

Lisa Pulliam said...

Paty - Wow, those are some great comments! You have great people in your life :-) And what a confidence booster, eh?

Bethany - Thanks :-) Great idea about the concrete. I recently put a couple in spots where the ground caves in. But the goofball can scale up things like a cat! We blocked the fence with wooden planks last month and she got up and over them. Hopefully the chicken wire will work.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

You looke beautiful, dahling. LOVE the costume. I second Piper - you looked hot, baby!

Roxy is just too cute for words. And funny. ;) Bet you're glad to have her home.

And I like all the pics but the beav one. Nope. Don't like that one. LOL

Elisabeth Naughton said...

OH! I forgot to add - my weight lifting instructor is a USC grad. She punished us today on biceps because the Beavs won. You'd probably like her. ;)

Lisa Pulliam said...

Piper - Thanks! I'm THISCLOSE to getting her the loud noise collar. I'm totally keeping the wig. :-)

Eli - Thanks :-) You gotta love the husky part though. I think I would like your instructor, haha!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oh, definitely. Everyone hates the Huskies. ;) We can agree on that at least.

Lisa Pulliam said...

Thanks S William :-)

Eli - I have a shirt that says "Ted Bundy was a Huskie" with a pic of his face. World's greatest t-shirt.

Princess in Galoshes said...

Your weekend SO rocked mine. But I did get to dress up as Kermit (tee hee, and managed to post pics, finally!) so all's not lost.

The pink wig, though, is STELLAR. I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Unknown said...

You looked too cute in that costume. And I liked the pink wig!

Lisa Pulliam said...

Princess - I LOVE your costumes! You both looked so awesome.

Lillian - Thanks darling :-)

Anonymous said...

Where'd you get the Ted Bundy shirt? I gotta have one.

We always join the procession to Eugene. I've got a deep green Suburban with Duck alum. plate frames and of course the flags on Saturdays. I won't do the pompoms. (Even though we must have a dozen)

My personalized plates say TEAM A so people always think it refers to the ducks but it actually refers to my kids whose names all start with A.

The beaver on the bumper is a good idea. I'll keep an eye out to buy one.

Kendra