Monday, February 27, 2006

Sterling progress, indeedI

I just have to begin by pointing out that at this moment I am watching both Timeline and Phantom of the Opera. It's fantastic - when Gerard Butler is no longer in the scene of one movie, I turn to the other, then back again. The cycle continues and it is indeed glorious.

Today was a wonderful day for writing. As I mentioned in my last post I did some plotting and outlining over the weekend. Today was the official start of the official "Write Along with Katie (MacAlister). When she begins a new book several of her fans post their writing progress along with hers. So I'm joining in and my daily goal is 1,500 words.

My muse, I have named her Persephone, was on a freaking roll today. I have logged over 6,000 words. Three days worth, woohoo! I need to get ahead too since I'm not sure how much I'll get done this weekend. I have a conference that entails drinking most of the night and sleeping most of the day. The conference itself is lame, it's the hospitality suites that are worth the trip. Not to mention it's at the beach. Who knows, maybe some Stoli's vodka and Everclear, mixed with a beachfront rental, will inspire some exciting prose.

Don't worry, if I do write drunk and if it's super silly - I'll be sure to share my drunken musings on Monday. Maybe I should give it a try... I know, I'll write a sex scene when I'm drunk. That should be interesting.

Back to my progress. Oh wait, Gerard just got clocked on the back of the head with a heavy sword. He's gone, back to Phantom...pausing while I change the channel...oh it's the lame guy. Anyway, back to my progress, again. Most of it was new writing, but some of it was rewriting of what I had before. Oh! There's Gerard and his sexy half face! Man, this other guy is a tool.

Jeez, this is distracting. So to sum it up 2,000 words of blogging later (sheesh), today was a good day for writing. Hopefully I can get a lot done tomorrow too. Now I'm going to go back and finish re-reading Katie MacAlister's "A Girl's Guide to Vampires." I've been taking notes on the plot points while reading it. I think it will help me pace my own novels. I'm going to give that a try with a few books.

But wait! You may be asking, "Lisa, what about the writing nook you built over the weekend that you were so excited about? I thought you were going to write there to get away from the tv. You dirty liar."

My response is, jeez, quick to judge, eh? Awww, Gerard just picked up the rose. Poor baby, I'll sooth his pain. Hubba hubba. ;-) Back to your snippy question. The chair gave me a killer backache yesterday, so I need to find a new on. And why are you on my case? I tripled my daily goal! Jeez louise! Just kidding, I need people like you to keep me on my toes.

No comments: