Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Michelle Rowen's blog

I recommend that everyone, especially those aspiring to be published, check out Michelle Rowen's blog (http://www.michellerowen.com/blog/) - I don't know how to insert links. Sorry...

I learned of her first release "Bitten & Smitten" on Katie MacAlister's forum. So, sometime last fall I began reading her blog daily. It's fantastic. Funny, informative, and especially inspirational. So I decided to read all her blog entries from the last couple of years. You may think I'm crazy, but I just decided to do it. I didn't do it in one sitting or anything, don't worry. But I read a couple of month's worth a day during my lunch break.

You should take the time to do this, especially earlier ones, because it chronicles her journey from unpublished to published. It's very exciting to read about her getting an agent, then getting "the call," editing the CONTRACTED manuscript, etc. It renewed my confidence and got me moving faster toward finishing my MS. She's living the real thing. Wanted to be a writer, so she wrote. Tried to get published, so she did. Still working the day job, at least for now. Struggles with finding time to write, like many of us.

It's very inspirational. Her entries represent what so many of us think and worry about. My MS isn't good enough. What if this one book is a fluke? What if no one buys it? What if it gets poor reviews? It's very real, not to mention totally funny and links to fantabulous quizzes! I think that's why it took me so long to go through, I did all the quizzes and games, I mean ALL of them.

So - read Michelle's blog. Buy "Bitten and Smitten" and pre-order "Angel with Attitude." Damn it now!

Confession time: I've had "Bitten and Smitten" waiting patiently for me for a couple of weeks. I had meant to read it the day it came out because I had been anticipating it since the fall, but I made a poor decision. I started the Anita Blake series just before BS came out. And I'm sure you can understand how difficult that series is to put down. I'm almost done with Circulean Sins, so BS will get my undivided attention in a couple of days. Michelle, I'm sorry that I have neglected your book, but after reading your blog, I'm sure you can understand about the LKH thing. I just have to get to Incubus Dreams since everyone seems to be up in arms about it.

And Michelle totally posted on my journal recently. I was super tickled! (Thanks Michelle!)

No comments: