Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Summary done, almost

I worked on fixing the summary during my lunch break and I decided that the 25 word summary can f*** off. I have written a couple of possible summaries that are between 60 and 70 words and I feel good about them. Now I just have to decide which one I like or blend the two.
Option 1:

Bianca Embry's boring but content life was turn upside down when her best friend asked for help. She was forced to use the psychic abilities she's grown to despise, while the investigation led her to the alluring and dangerous vampire Dorian Buchan.

Bianca must balance her growing attraction to Dorian, her unpredictable psychic abilities and the dark secrets she learns of her family and their vampire hunting legacy.

Option 2:

Bianca Embry thought she was content with her life, but when her best friend asked for help and introduced her to the alluring yet dangerous vampire Dorian Buchan, she realized her life wasn't what it seemed.

Bianca must balance her growing attraction to Dorian, her unpredictable psychic abilities and the dark secrets she learns of her family and their vampire hunting legacy.

Anyone have an opinion on either one? I was going to print business cards myself but I'm having problems with the paper and my printer. So I am either going to FedEx Kinko's or Vista printing online. I'm really not just stalling on writing, I swear! I think having this little blurb will help me keep the gist of my story at the front of my brain. Yeah, yeah, more excuses.

No comments: