Monday, February 20, 2006

New hero inspiration

When I started working on my NaNoWriMo story in November, I had chosen a couple of actors to be the physical inspiration of my characters. I had thought that it was something that shouldn't be done, or wasn't done. But I guess I was wrong because I've seen many published authors mention that their characters are based on real people, phsysically at least.

I had planned that Gerard Butler was going to be the inspiration for my hero, Dorian. Mostly how he looked in Dracula 2000, I like longer hair for vampires. Here's an example:



How could you say no to his eternal kiss? Eh? Am I right? Of course I am.

But, last week I caught a show I've always wanted to see - Mindfreak. It's about a guy named Criss Angel who does magic things, phsyic-esque things, etc. Totally fantastic show and Criss Angel is wonderful. He is now my new Dorian in the vamp series I'm working on. He fits it perfectly, so I'll save lovely Gerard for another day :-) Oh yeah, and Johnny Depp.

Here is a couple of pictures of Criss Angel:




No comments: