Tuesday, September 05, 2006

D-Day

UPDATE: The Border's who said the books will be in transit for another day or two were fortunately mistaken. They have them! Lots of them! Countown is three hours until I have one in my grubby hands.

It's September 5 folks. Do you know what that means? Yes, the highly anticipated and long awaited release of Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward, book three of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Right now it's 8:30 a.m. local time. I've been at work since 7 (crazy, I know). Before I arrived at work I had visited four stores looking for the book: Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, Safeway and Hi-School Pharmacy. Roth's wasn't open yet. NONE of them had the book. Do they not care that people have lost sleep awaiting the book? That some barely slept last night because they were so excited to read about some hot Zsadist action and the taming of the beast?

No, they don't.

Buttmonkeys.

I can hear you already - "But dear, sweet, simple-minded Lisa. I'm sure that even Salem, Oregon, has a chain bookstore. Couldn't you wait through your workday and hit that this evening?"

First of all, I'm not simple-minded you baboonass (today my obsession is primates and tushes). Second, I've called the local Borders several times over the last week hoping they would put them out early or at least have them opening day. But no, the damn books are STILL in transit. Third, I want to start the book during my lunch break! Sheesh. Duh.

What does this mean for me?

A trip to Portland in my immediate future.

1 comment:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

And I thought *I* was obsessive.

Honey, take a chill pill. By the time you get up to Portland it'll be here in the stores.

And I'm not even going to comment on your derogatory Beaver state comment.

Elisabeth
(With her nose turned up, arms crossed over her chest as she swivels away from the computer)