Friday, September 15, 2006

It's gone

My office smells of smoke. Any guesses as to why? I fried my brain. Yup, it's gone. There were some sizzles, a few pops and the disappointing sound of deflation.

There are many reasons as to why this happened:
  • Overstimulation: Too many ideas, too many books I'm reading, too many blog entries I'm catching up on.
  • Lack of chocolate: My "eating plan" doesn't allow for chocolate. It's seriously hurting my mood and creative juices.
  • horrendous to-do list: Between cleaning my house, writing a couple of chapters, finishing some contest judging, I feel overwhelmed.

Guess which one I'm planning to fix?

The Chocolate Threesome, by Lisa Pulliam

Me: Oh Hershey, my long lost love. Where have you been?

Hershey: I've been waiting for you sweetheart. Patiently waiting your return to me, I knew it would come someday. I'm just glad you left that Atkins fellow. He just wasn't right for you.

Me: I've missed you so much, you have no idea. I've been lost without you! I need you to feel whole again.

Hershey pulls me into an embrace. I take in his scent and let myself relax. I was so relaxed I didn't hear the door open.

Nestle: How could you do this to me? How could you choose Hershey over me? He spat out the name as though it burned.

Me: Nestle, we were in a harmless embrace. Please don't be jealous. I do still love you. I pulled away from Hershey and went to Nestle.

Hershey: Wait, don't go to him. I want you. Please say you'll be mine.

I looked between Hershey and Nestle. It was the decision of my life. Who to choose?

Me: Can I have you both?

Hershey and Nestle looked at each other, then me with hunger in their eyes.

Me: This will be a night to remember.


In other news, I can't wait for fall and winter! My favorite seasons! I busted out some sweaters and sweatshirts last night. I'm going to go buy a fresh stash of Lipton hot tea and spend an evening enjoying the thunder rolling through town and the chilly weather. I love this time of year. Screw the heat. Screw the sun. I've had enough for a while.

I put my office in the garage of the place I'm living now. I figured the sub-zero temperatures and ball-freezing will encourage me to write faster so I can return to the heat of my house.

6 comments:

Princess in Galoshes said...

Writer and chocolate eater?

Girl after my own heart!

Glad I stumbled across your blog.

chanceofbooks said...

LOL! OMG, I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Don't you dare - whatever you do - send those two attractive men my way. I am doing just fine without them.

Did you put ice on your brain? Did that help?

Karmela said...

I am so stoked that I've finally been able to identify the smoke in my office too! ::dunks head in water:: You and me baby, you and me both.

Paty Jager said...

Don't give up Chocolate! It is the only brain food a writer needs! LOL
Just eat it in moderation. I have a bowl on my desk of (yes, Piper) Dove Dark Chocolate. When I finish a chapter or write something good - I get a piece. Great incentive!

Lisa Pulliam said...

Hi Princess, I'm glad you did too. Chocolate is an amazing thing, bringing people together :-)

Bethany, I hope your foot heals fast...I'll stop by and see you this week. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Eli, you and your willpower. I hate it you know. I drank a bunch of Icees, the cherry ones of course. It helped.

Piper, confessions purify the soul, right? I'm very glad to hear that you are having a love affair with Dove Dark Chocolate. Because, although I will happily share Gerard with you - I will not share my true love, Dove Milk Chocolate. BTW, You're hilarious! ;-) In church, lol.

Karmela, now dunking head in water - that's brilliant! I should keep a bucket in my office. You're smart girl! I'll alternate between that and cherry Icees.

Paty, that's a fantastic idea! Rewards are glorious! It will be a good test for my non-existant willpower. I can see it now, I reward myself with a chocolate for going 30 minutes without a chocolate. A viscious cycle in the making.