Thursday, August 17, 2006

Too early for Halloween costume shopping?

Today I got invited to a Halloween party. Let me state that it was more casual, of "sorry I missed your last party, when's the next one. Oh, Halloween, great!" The reason I'm excited is I've never been to a COSTUME Halloween party. All the ones I've been to have been regular clothes, or most people just chicken out of wearing costumes.

I love costumes. I love to wear costumes at Halloween. But I haven't been able to for years, so I'm very, very, very excited this year. That gives me two months to figure out what I want to be.

The reason I'm particularly excited for this Halloween party, is this group of friends started throwing a party every few months this year with a theme. And EVERYONE dresses up. First it was 70s, then 80s, then 90s, and the last one was a toga party (which I missed because I was at RWA Nationals). It would have been my first ever toga party because no one would wear togas to my 21st birthday party (asshats). But I digress.

I already did some searching online and here are some preliminary costumes I like.

A Regal princes (I love dresses like this)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Medusa (I love Greek mythology)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Athena (Why? Let's say it together "because Lisa loves Greek mythology", good class)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pink fairy (duh, because it's pink!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

50s starlet (I think it would make my boobs look bigger, priorities people)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A socket - but I'd need to find a plug (Where's Gerard Butler when you need him?)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Medusa. And you know why. :)

Me luvs greek mythology, too. (Gee, that's a real surprise!)

Lisa Pulliam said...

I knew there's a reason we got along, haha! ;-)

That is a cool costume. It would be fun to make a snake hat. The forehead piece that comes with the costume is waaaaay too toned down for Medusa.

What about a baseball cap with a bunch of those pop-out snakes in a can? Haha!

chanceofbooks said...

The regal princess, but in PINK! And hey, you have a blog! That totally rocks. I am adding you to my bookmarks :)

chanceofbooks said...

(Oh and wavybrains is me, Bethany. Probably should have said that :P)

Lisa Pulliam said...

Becky - I'm leaning toward the pink fairy too. I actually did know that Katie is from the Seattle area, but she's very elusive. She was at the Emerald City conference presenting last year, but she's not slated to present this year. I hope she's there though, I'd love to meet her.

Bethany! Hey girl! The regal princess would be awesome in pink, you're totally right.