Friday, April 28, 2006

Atlanta, here I come!

It's official, I'm going to the Romance Writers of America National Conference in Atlanta this July. Woohoo! I know what you're thinking, "But Lisa, you said you were going to the Romantic Times conference in May, but you're not. How can I believe it when you'll say you're going to this one?"

Why must you nag me all the time? Just joking :-) I love it when you nag.

There are a few reasons why I'm definitely going to this conference:
1) It's about half the cost of the RT conference. About $350 for a hotel and about $350 for the registration. I'm hoping to use a free airline ticket to Birmingham to catch a ride with someone to Atlanta. Stupid Southwest doesn't fly to Atlanta.

2) I have a kick-ass roommate, Elisabeth Naughton. We're in the same RWA chapter. I know we'll have a great time, and she's been to one before so I can milk her for good info :-)

3) It's about time I meet some of these people I've been talking to online for months.

4) It gives me a definitive deadline to have a polished version of my MS ready, in case I happen to meet any agents or editors.

5) Which leads me to: agent/editor appointments!

This will be great. Who else is going?

No comments: