Monday, May 01, 2006

Review: "Date Me, Baby, One More Time" by Stephanie Rowe

Recently I won a copy of Stephanie Rowe's latest book, "Date Me, Baby, One More Time" from multi-author blog The Midnight Hour.

In two words: buy it!

It's a great story. Here's the blurb from Stephanie's Web site.

IF YOU THINK LIFE IS COMPLICATED, TRY IMMORTALITY.

Justine Bennett is cursing her life. She’s the Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth, she hasn’t left the house in ages, and it’s been over 200 years since she’s had sex. Oh, and the Goblet has shape shifted into an espresso machine. Not exactly the stuff grand destiny is made of...

Derek LaValle is worried. Due to a family curse, he’ll be dead in the space of a week unless he finds the Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth and beheads her. Which wouldn’t be a problem if she wasn’t so sexy, smart... and ready to behead him right back.

Derek LaValle is worried. Due to a family curse, he’ll be dead in the space of a week unless he finds the Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth and beheads her. Which wouldn’t be a problem if she wasn’t so sexy, smart... and ready to behead him right back.

If you feel a bit lost by the excerpt, such as who the people are and what's going on, don't worry. That's not the opening of the book. You'll understand things very well when you reach the excerpt, and you'll be very excited to reach it once you've met the characters ;-)

The best part about the book was the conflict. The conflict was apparent right away, there was no "coincidental conflicts" that are hard to believe. The characters were straightforward with their feelings and intentions, which made the conflict even better!

I also loved how all the loose ends were tied up by the end of the book. I hate when I read a book and have some questions remaining that weren't answered, and it's not a cliffhanger so there's no reason for them not to have been. I digress.

The characters are great too - I rooted for them throughout. Lastly, I would like to add that I never thought I'd have the hots for Satan. You read me right, Satan. You'll just have to get the book to find out what I'm talking about!

No comments: