Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Awwww, how sweet!

I was channel surfing and saw "Harlequin's Diamond Girl." Of course I had to watch it, or what was left of it. A category turned movie? Uh yeah, no way to resist. Honestly, it was pretty decent. And the ending was such an "awwww, how sweet" moment. Keep an eye out on the Lifetime Movie Network, quasi motivating for writing because you can follow the book conflict pretty well. I think it's based off a book by Diana Palmer or something like that.

I'm at 15k with my WIP. The problem is that 12k is the beginning of the book and the most recent 3k and counting is the end of the book. I knew how I wanted to start it and I knew what I wanted to happen when the climax started. But, uh, the middle, well, I dunno. So I figure once I have the beginning and last part I'll know how many words I need for the part I'm unsure of. We'll see how that goes... Does anyone else write like that? Or am I the only loon?

I'm getting some useful feedback on my five pages at Romance Divas. Comments have been that my voice is very strong, which I'm pleased about. I figure I can improve characters and plot, but voice seems more of a natural thing. Or at least that's what I'll tell myself to feel warm and fuzzy inside :-)

Has anyone seen that Nextel commercial where the two guys are dancing while a third is manning a boombox playing some 90s freak dance song? Then a guy walks in and starts barking out demands for information. The guy shuts off the boombox, the other two get on their nextel phones and find the info in like two seconds - then the dude turns the music back on and they can dance. I LOVE that commercial. No particular reason. And not sure why I blogged about it, but I love it. In times of hate, grief and sadness, that commercial brings me joy. :-)

Guess what? 44 hours until my nine days of vacation. Woo woo! 45.5 hours until the Fall Out Boy/All-American Rejects/Hawthorne Heights concert. Woo woo!

No comments: