Friday, April 21, 2006

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

Well, today I celebrate the date of my birth. Once I left middle school, birthdays weren't a big deal to me. The best part of them is that people are forced to be extra nice. Oh the power.

But today, I've decided to make a birthday wish list. If any of you can grant these wishes, I will love you forever. Purely platonic of course, I'm married.

1) A trip to Scotland and England, or Greece and Italy. Hell, a Eurail pass and airfare would do ;-) Side note: Those Eurail passes aren't as cheap as they seem. The pass is one price then you got to pay a bunch more for a freaking reservation! You can't just hop on and off like the movies say, or at least that's what I gathered from their Web site. Okay, back to business.

2) A magic machine that pulls the remaining manuscript pages from my head, in full draft form the way I want to write them anyway - no editing required

3) An agent, a good one, ready to sign me with my newly completed MS. I'm not greedy, I can work for the editing contract and NYT Bestseller list ;-)

4) Lose 40 pounds overnight with no hangy skin issuse, yikes. Again, I'm not greedy. I can lose what's after the 40 on my own

5) Housebreak my dog, again, overnight

6) Cash - always a good thing. Lots of it would be nice, see wishes 1-5

I depart on this special day with a song. Gold stars to anyone who can name where it's from and who sang it. I couldn't find an audio clip to post.

Lisa, it's your birthday.
God bless you this day.
You gave me the gift of a little sister,
And I'm proud of you today.

Lisa, it's your birthday.
Happy birthday, Lisa.
Lisa, it's your birthday.
Happy birthday, Lisa.

I wish you love and good will.
I wish you peace and joy.

I wish you better than your heart desires.

And your first kiss from a boy.

Lisa, it's your birthday.
Happy birthday, Lisa.
Lisa, it's your birthday.
Happy birthday, Lisa.

No comments: