Monday, March 13, 2006

My nemesis

My nemesis is coffee. I can't stand the stuff. Nauseating smell and even worse flavor. I honestly don't know why I live in the Pacific Northwest sometimes, there's a Starbucks on every corner it seems. People think I'm nuts for not drinking that murky concoction. I do PR during the day and write at night, I should be drinking coffe, shouldn't I? All those late nights and early mornings.

I got fed up with my resistance to a liquid that could give me instant energy so I bough creamer at the store yesterday. Cinnamon vanilla creamer to be exact. I figured that with a healthy cup or two of sugar would take away that nasty flavor. Plus I have a nifty coffee cup with my family crest etched in it. Perfect way to keep that energy flowing, right?

Here is the coffee I made this morning with my newfound dedication. Nice and light colored, full of creamer and sugar. Should be perfect for the beginning drinker, right?
















No. I wanted to throw up. The spice of the cinnamon taste led me to believe that it would be a pleasant experience, mixed with the sweetness of the sugar. But soon after swallowing my taste buds began stomping their angry feet at the bitter aftertase that took over.



Yup, that was me. Minus the short gray hair and man's body. You get the point, it was gross. So I guess that leaves me with old faithful:

The pièce de résistance. Diet Coke has never let me down. It rarely gives me a bite upon drinking, other than when the cannister needs replacing or it's expired. And the glorious flavor, in order of favorite: fountain, bottle, can. Yes, they do taste different.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get over my fear of coffee? I really need the energy kick in the a.m., mid-morning, early afternoon, afternoon, early evening, evening and night.

No comments: