Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Editor/agent appts

Only 13 days until RWA opens the editor/agent appointments for nationals to the general membership. I looked at the list of editors and agents - I'm not sure who to try for! Especially with the editors, I believe only one of them is a print publisher that accepts the type of paranormal I'm working on. I don't want to submit CtLBtH to an e-publisher yet. If I can't get into that editor, I will probably skip that portion. I don't want to waste the time of an editor, or take an opening from a member, if it wouldn't be a good fit.

Now the agent appointments are harder. There are several agents I would like to meet with, about a third marked paranormal as a genre they are interested in. I figure the best plan of attack is to choose my top five, in order. Then when the time comes to register, I'll have back-ups prepared in case my top choice(s) are already booked.

Although I haven't looked that hard at agents as I'm not at the point of submitting, I think I may have found one I really, really want to work with. She reps several of my favorite authors, all in the same genre and each have a different publisher for their paranormal books. Needless to say she seems to be well connected when it comes to pushing paranormals. Not to mention these authors publish non-paranormals too, which is something I want to do. Unfortunately she's not on the agent list for nationals. Hopefully she'll be there at least, maybe I can introduce myself and tell her how awesome her authors are.

Off to try and meet my writing goals for the week...

No comments: