Thursday, October 06, 2005

Not what I expected

I am blown away by the NaNoWriMo site, as well as its users. I knew a lot of people participated, but I never anticipated so many of them to be on the message boards, especially this early. I'm very impressed and pleasantly surprised.
Lately I've been trying to make contact with others writing novels, particularly romance, even more particularly paranormal romance. I didn't know how to go about finding people to talk to, then NaNoWriMo fell in my lap. It's amazing that I can post a question about anything and within 8 hours I'll have responses, and helpful ones at that.
Kudos to all you Wrimos who participate in the message boards. As a newbie, I'm finding it incredibly useful. I'm hoping that the meet-ups are just as great and hopefully I'll meet some people working on paranormal romances too.
I do find the server slowness frustrating however. It takes forever to bounce from thread to thread. And I wish some of the individual areas were more broken down because there are hundreds of threads on some boards.
Oh well, such is life. I'm definitely more grateful for the program than frustrated by the technology.

Now my next goal is to educate myself on Edinburgh, Scotland so my setting is realistic when I begin writing.

No comments: