Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A discovery

I've discovered something. All four Backstreet Boys cd's are all that are needed as inspiration to write a romance novel. Now I know you're rolling your eyes, but hear me out. The songs cover almost any possible topic that could arise while writing such a novel - love, a crush, intimacy, adultery, drama and more. I stumbled upon this discover while I had my IPOD on shuffle. For some reason 1 of every 2 songs was the Backstreet Boys and I was spewing novel outline information.

A very useful tool - if you like, or can stand, their music. For me it's a childhood thing that I haven't gotten past. And probably never will. At least I still don't sleep with Care Bears, eh?
Oh yeah, character profiles suck arse. They're hard and I don't like them. But I know they'll pay off beginning November 1 when the NaNo gauntlet drops.

Uh oh, "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit just came on my IPOD. For some reason that song makes me crazy - the world's best workout song. "I hope you know I pack a chainsaw. I'll skin your ass raw. And if my day keeps going this way I just might break something tonight."

Signing off as I headbang and write a romance novel...somehow those don't seem to go together

No comments: