Monday, October 03, 2005

Franz Ferdinand

So my favorite band is playing in town tonight, Franz Ferdinand. They are an incredible band live and if you like alternative rock or U.K. bands - check them out at http://www.franzferdinand.co.uk/. When it comes to this band, I seem to get lucky.

Last year they played in town and they were playing a private studio show for some lucky radio fans who won some contests. I decided to take a chance and I e-mailed the radio station (
http://947.fm/) asking if there was any way I could go to the session. Low and behold - they said yes! So I got to watch the band play a few songs for about 15-20 people. We chatted a bit, super nice guys, great afternoon. Then went to the show that night - great show - and went to the karaoke (sp?) after and they were there drinking and singing - fun to watch.

Fast forward to this year. Last week the radio station held a daily contest to win passes to the VIP party for Franz Ferdinand. Lucky me - I won one of the days! Yeah, that's write, two lucky wins. I know what you're thinking - no one you know ever wins one of those, well, I guess sometimes they do.

So, after the concert tonight I get to chill in the VIP area of a bar, watching the groupie girls throw their half naked bodies on the band and giggle and drink my booze. It will be a good time. I've never been on "the list" before...how very interesting this will be...

No comments: