Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The concert...

Let me begin by saying that Franz Ferdinand performs a kick-ass live show. Really, really great show. The opening acts were ok. I understand how this is their shot to gain a fanbase and recognition, but two opening acts took two hours last night, including set-ups between bands. Such is life.

I decided to wait in line for a few hours before the show to make sure I got to the front row of general admission. Why not? Life is short and I don't mind sweat if I'm having a good time. So I'm about the 10th person in line when I arrive, not bad.

Waiting, and reading Tall, Dark and Hungry by Lynsay Sands (I recommend the series). They open the doors and the people I'm meeting haven't arrived so I have to try and leave their tickets at will call. I get through security, and hide my camera down the back of my pants (you have to do what you have to do). I book it to will call so I can still get upstairs and be in the front. They can't find my name on the list. So I wait a few minutes, then a guy comes out with another list, which I'm not on again. So he goes to find another list and comes back to say "here's your two tickets." But I ordered, and payed, for four tickets! After about 10 minutes he finds them.

I'm angry and get upstairs then get even more pissed. By then there were about 75-100 people already crowding the front. The shenanigans downstairs cost me the front row. So I had to sit in the balcony. But all was not lost, since most of the attendees were under 21 and the balcony was over 21, I got to sit at the far side, which happened to be above the backstage part so I could watch people backstage. As I said, it was a great show.

So I have these two VIP passes burning a hole in my purse. Then my friend doesn't want to stay out too late because she had to work early the next day. And I didn't want to be by myself for the VIP party, so my lovely and adorable husband came to the rescue. He hopped right in his car to meet me and go to the party with me. What a nice guy!

At the party, we're hanging out upstairs. The band shows up a while later and as I expected, I got to giggle for a few minutes and while some groupie bimbos shoved their boobs in the guys faces (I'm usually not this cynical, I'm just tired). Someone forgot to bring the CDs for us to have signed so one of the radio ladies ripped a poster off the wall for me to have signed. The guys were nice and I clammed up and didn't say much. I know they're people, but they're on TV and it's hard to get over that.

Then we watched them sign CDs for the rest of the people in the bar and went home. All in all fun. Great concert. And I got about 3 hours of sleep, ooooh yeaaaah.

Got to register for NaNoWriMo tomorrow (http://www.nanowrimo.org).

No comments: