Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Puzzle Pirates

Often lately when I'm chatting with Elisabeth online, she'll say, "what are you doing?" I'll admit, most of the time I'm tempted to lie and say, "writing like crazy!" Or, "I've written 20 pages!" Or, "patiently waiting to see your next chapter."

But the truth is, it's usually, "I'm playing Puzzle Pirates." The game is absolutely addicting. You make a piracte character and spend the first several sessions practicing puzzles. When ye are comfortably enough you can be a jobber on a pilly with other real live people and battle against bots.

You earn gold and can buy new clothes, weapons, houses, furnishings, shops and other establishments. You can also join a crew. I love the crew I joined. They're fantabulous. Very welcoming.

If you like interactive games that are long term, you should check this out. Yarrr!

Glossary:
Ye - "you"
Jobber - "worker on a pirate ship - not a crew member of that ship"
Pilly - "pillage - situation where you would job for a ship or pillage with your crew to get gold"
Bots - "computerized pirates - they are the characters with two word names"
Yarrr - "yarrr"

9 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Next thing we know you'll be write a pirate story! Yarr Matey!

Bonnie Staring said...

Who needs the game? I just wear an eyepatch and put a stuffed parrot on my shoulder when I'm ready to start writing each day. Beware the curse of the elusive em dash!

Anonymous said...

Oh good. Because I am not distracted enough as it is, at work. This is great.

Yar.

Unknown said...

Kay. Stop. Seriously. I'm already addicted to the Monster game!

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

I'm addicted to the monster game too! And you can't write a story about pirates until you write about your diva vamp LOL. Quit finding cool new games darn it!I have no self control!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

PIPER IS RIGHT.

(And that's all I'm saying on this subject.)

Brenda (aka: Canice Brown-Porter) said...

LOL, Lisa! At least you could possibly lay some groundwork for a new manuscript. ;) Eh, mate?

Paty Jager said...

Hey! You're bugging Eli, and YOU haven't changed this all week! :b

Lisa Pulliam said...

Paty - It's funny playing this game now because I read a contemporary pirate book about an online pirate game, I wonder if the author played this game a lot...I'm going to reread that book!

S William - Surprisingly I've been able to if I put my mind to it. Some of the puzzle don't require constant attention so I can write sentences here and there.

Bonnie - Bloody brilliant! I want a peg leg.

Princess - Erm, sorry about that :-) I'm notorious for dragging people down with me...

Piper - Sigh, Johnny Depp.

Lillian - I'm a bad influence. I apologize. At least with the monster game it's easy to still write constantly. This one is a challenge...

R.G. - I should write a new story about my diva vamp. Those are fun.I love yours!

Eli - Kiss my pasty white ghetto booty :-)

S William - This time I was prepared. I wasn't drinking anything so no spewing on the keyboard. I've learned your ways. You and your snark :-) Pulsating pirate, rofl

Canice - I just might. Maybe I could make paranormal pirates...

Paty - I'm just proving a point is all. Do you believe me? lol.

S William - Not yet ;-) You make me laugh so you're safe. For now.