Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm a slacker

Yup, I know it. It's been what, a week since I posted? Yikes. I guess I just ran out of things to say for a bit. Scary, I know. Things have been pretty busy for me lately, lots of day job stuff and freelancing gigs. I haven't written anything since the beach retreat two weekends ago...

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. It's one of only two times (Christmas, too) that I enjoy cooking. I also enjoy the five day weekend. Unfortunately, this year is the first ever that I don't have any money for Black Friday shopping. Usually I save up and do all my Christmas shopping that day. But not this year. Luckily the University of Oregon vs. Oregon State "Civil War" game is on that day to distract me from my woes. Although I'm probably going to buy a wireless router for my parents house. No food till the end of the month is less important than internet at their houses :) I kid, I kid. Kinda...

It also looks like NaNoWriMo is a bust for me this year. Oh well. I know I can finish a book, I was just hoping to have finished this one by the end of the month.

So, what's going on in your lives? Any Turkey Day plans?

6 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Get back to writing girl! Don't worry about NaNo, just write!

I have a busy week and will most likely have little time for writing since my house will be full of people.

But maybe it will give me a chance to keep percolating my latest WIP.

Have a good Turkey Day!

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

I actually turned down a few invitations-looking forward to spending Turkey Day alone with the hubby-first time ever without a destination. And I am thankful LOL, since the last few months have been family and friend filled!
Maybe I'll go see Happy Feet...then again, maybe I will just elevate my own tired tootsies and write write write!

Michelle Rowen said...

Yo, Lisa. I personally challenge you to write 30K by the end of the month. That's how much I have to go and I'm feeling rather... positive about it. That could just be the excessive caffeine, though. What say you?

Bonnie Staring said...

I have a panic attack scheduled for about 8:00 tonight when I realize how much work I still have to do for my Golden Heart entry. :::gasps and clutches her chest:::

Michelle Rowen said...

Okay, um, so I'm going to take that as a no. ;-)

Lisa Pulliam said...

Man, has it been a week already? Sorry I haven't responded to comments, I haven't been online since last Monday. I didn't know I could stay away that long.

Paty - I hope your idea is well percolated ;-) See you at the Christmas party!

R.G. - Were you able to spend it alone with your hubby? I hope you had a great one. I forgot to see if someone could watch my vampire for me so I went almost a week without manhunts. I could be level 18 by now! Agh! Oh well.

S William - I'm trying. I did write some over the weekend. How's your writing going?

Michelle - It's a damn dirty shame I just read this. But the good news is I actually did write over the weekend! Not a ton but I think I could hit a total of 30k on the WIP by the end of the month. Thanks for the challenge ;-) How is yours coming along?

Bonnie - How did you panic attack go? I hope you made it through ok. Any broken dishes? Or computers through the window?

Michelle - Oh, it's on. I'm going to write like a fiend tonight and tomorrow. :-)