Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Which convention?

I recently joined the Romance Writers of America. I had planned to go to the national convention in Atlanta next July. Thought it would be a great way to network and learn more about writing, and the meeting with an editor or agent would be rad. Right? Well...

So I remembered that I wanted to check into the Romantic Times convention. Well, I did and it's in Daytona Beach! The reason this is significant is because I used to work at Disney World and I've been DYING to go back there. Daytona Beach is only one hour from Orlando and one hour from St. Augustine, the other place I really want to visit again. The problem is that it costs so much. I don't know anyone to go with so I may end up looking for roomies. I'd really like to spend a couple of extra days and rent a car to go to Orlando and St. Augustine but why does it have to cost so much! Argh!!! Registration is like $450, airfare probably $300, $119/night for a single room plus the costs for a rental car and a few extra days. But I do have free passes to Disneyworld :-)

I'm just going to pout for a while...I can't write right now because I'm thinking about the possibility of visitng Epcot...

No comments: