Monday, November 28, 2005

I made a Web site - woohoo!

I've caught up with technology, well sort of. I used a cheaters tool (a site building program) to build the damn thing, but it worked. I used to know HTML, but I don't have the energy to give it a try now.
I keep reading that writers should have a Web site, even if they aren't published. So I thought I'd give it a go. I've been doing okay with the livejournal thing so this is a natural progression. I just need to find some better photos...

I know that the color pink probably makes many of you sick and seems odd for a paranormal romance writer, but I just can't help it. When I see the color pink I am instantly happy. I don't know why. I found a 6 foot PINK Christmas tree (pre-lit) at Meier and Frank. I'm so tempted to buy it but it costs too much. But a pink tree for a pink fanatic? How can you go wrong?

As far as writing progression goes, I'm so close to hitting the 50,000 mark for NaNoWriMo. I can taste it! About a third of me feels great that I typed so many words and they are in a quasi-logical order. But then there's another third that is uneasy about the fact that I'm just passed the halfway point because I'm writing a single title (80-100k). And the other third of me is absolutely dreading the revisions. Right now my manuscript feels like brain spew and I know I'm going to have to go back and make sure that the story lines up, there's enough characterization, foreshadowing appears, etc. But I know I'll be the better for it once it's done.

I also had a moment of inspiration for my next book. It will be a contemporary. I figured that would be wise, in a career sense, in case the paranormal market falls out before I'm finished with my MS, I can try and sell a contemporary.

Okay, back to writing. Stop distracting me journal! :-)

Oh yeah, the site is www.lisapulliam.com (creative, eh?)

No comments: