Thursday, November 17, 2005

Oops

I kind of forgot about my live journal for a few days. I was reading a friend's blog and realized that I have my own journal. Silly me :-) I do have a good excuse though - NaNoWriMo of course!
So I'm at about 18,000 words. Behind by about 10,000 as of today. Hopefully I'll be caught up by the end of the weekend.I had my plot die on me a couple of days ago. I had written the beginning and was approaching the middle when I got frustrated on where to go next. So I wrote the ending. Then I realized that there wasn't any, let alone enough, tension and conflict between the hero and heroine. So guess what I did? I reached out to my fellow WriMo's on the boards of course! I posted an extremely long summary of my story and what I was looking for. So far I've gotten some great ideas and I've taken one and adapted it for my story. Now I feel recharged and it gave me a couple of conflict events that I can put in my story. One where the hero gets upset at the heroine, then they make up. Then the heroine gets upset at the hero, then they make up. Happy days are here again. But now I have to go back and fix and rewrite some stuff. I did the strikethrough feature in Word on that stuff so I knew not to read it, but I kept it for word count purposes. Sneaky sneaky.

And I've decided to go to the Romantic Times conference for sure. It would be too valuable to pass up. I just need to find 3 roommates so my room will be cheap :-) If I can reach that goal, the hotel cost for 6 nights would only be about $270 per person - is that enough to convince you? I have good hygeine, I don't snore and I generally keep to myself so I'd make a good roommate. :-)

Take care all and I hope your NaNo's are going well.

No comments: