Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Holy accents, Batman!

Have you heard of TeamSpeak? Wow. It's the coolest invention ever. You download the free program, get a free server and can talk to anyone in the world with a microphone. It's awesome. I've been talking to some online friends (coughs Puzzle Pirate friends coughs) and it's a hoot. Several of them are from England, so, I get to feed my UK accent addiction daily.

One of them from England has a deep voice. It's lovely. I could listen all day. And a couple of the girls are from the Netherlands and have adorable Dutch accents. Now if I could just get one of the Scottish folks to download TeamSpeak, I'd be set.

You should give this program a try to eliminate long distance calling, it's wonderful.

On the writing front I've been trying to outline the first book in a series that's been percolating for a few months. I've got an idea of the series, but need to get the book nailed down. It's going ok so far. I've never been so jazzed about an idea before, so we'll see how it goes.

It's a paranormal romance, but the research load will be horrendous and I've never written action scenes before. It will be a stretch for me as a writer, but well worth it.

How's your writing? Life in general?

I'm off to drool some more over the accents...

10 comments:

flygirl said...

Hi Lisa,
I just found your blog. It sounds like we have similar backgrounds and are in around the same stage of our writing careers. I love your blog and will check back often. I am also going to the RWA in July. I have a myspace page and am working on a website.
Connie Nelsen

Aura said...

Sounds like a fun new series Lisa. Stretching your writing is always worth it!

My writing is great. I just finished my first manuscript and will start editing it next week. I hope to start sending it out at the end of February. Woo hoo!

(By the way, we met at the ECWC in October and I'm one of Lesa~Dragon's friends)

Aurrora

Naomi said...

I love it when you get new ideas that get you all excited. I had one recently, but I haven't had much time to devote to it yet. Ah well...

Paty Jager said...

You want to hear Dutch accents come with me and the dh to Holland when we visit his family!

Glad to hear you are excited about a writing project! Gooooo, Lisa!

I'm revising two and starting a new one. Busy busy!

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

There you are! Do you know there was a whole post dedicated to wondering where you had disappeared to at RD? Miss ya!
BTW-story idea sounds great-I've had to learn the action aspect as well-if you need any help-I'm here.

Lesa~Dragon said...

Tapping my foot and waiting for you to write....

Cherry Adair has excellent timing for action sequences, so if you have not read the EDGE series, that would be an fun and helpful bit of research.

My daughter used the TS program for W.O.W. - saves much on the phone bills to be sure.

I have used the Yahoo Voice chat in the past, but the only thing I didn't like was being wired to the computer. ~ Yes, I jumped out of the chair many a time with the headphone STILL on my head, and I'm sure it was funny for viewers when I reached the end of the cord! ~

I'm working on research now for a series myself, good luck with that. Did you put a post-it in the envelop for Cherry at the ECWC? GULP - I did, it's in October... back to work!!

Lesa~Dragon said...

Aura = friend, roomie, writing partner... future client.. no I've decided I don't want to work as an agent, but thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds cool :)

Michelle Rowen said...

Ah yes, I remember Lisa Pulliam. Back in the day I used to enjoy reading her blog. Put her on my sidebar, even, and then she just -- poof! -- vanished without a trace. I hope one day she returns to the blogosphere. But you never know.

Anonymous said...

ALOHA BEAUTIFUL!
In to our lives rain must fall, but it will clear up and HAWAII waits for us all! Luv Ya, Ca lay Ho! Oh Ya Baby