Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Shitty day...cont'd

UPDATE: My water was turned on at 11:17 a.m. Finally. I'm clean, no more stinky Lisa. Yay!

So it's 10:48 a.m. I'm still at home. The water company didn't turn on my water yesterday as promised. So I called when their office opened at 8 a.m. The woman's response: "oh yeah, your water was supposed to be turned on yesterday." No shit? Really? Thanks a lot. So she says she'll contact the driver and have me the first stop. Uh huh. I'm still here and it's almost 11. I called back and she said she'd call the driver. That was 30 minutes ago. I have 3 faucets on so I can hear when it's ready for me. Then I have to take a quick shower, no long, glorious shower as I'd hoped. I have to get to work for our Christmas party at noon. Ugh.

Per a short story I need to write. We have a title folks. The Curse of the Brussel Sprouts: Foul Wind. He he. It will have pirates, vampires, cursed brussel sprouts and romance. Speaking of romance. Nice segway, eh? Last night I asked our crew captain if there were any single, Scotsmen in our crew. Over the age of 18. Don't worry. She said there was. He's even a year older than me. She's quite the matchmaker. And I gushed over my achilles heel of Scottish and British accents.

I sign on a few minutes ago and he happens to be on, usually very, very quiet. But I get greeted with "ahoy there ye wee lass ye." So she obviously went to work in the past 10 hours since we talked. Oh dear. Keep your fingers crossed, I may have a Scottish pirate boyfriend. Hey, a girl can dream right? It's research folks, RESEARCH. Ok yeah, "wee lass" made me giggle uncontrolably. I admitted it, now back off.

10 comments:

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Look at you -workin' the puzzle game LMAO!!!
I love research-dont you? :}

Lisa Pulliam said...

Oh yes I do. :) It's very, uh, useful. Tee hee "wee lass".

chanceofbooks said...

Yay water! I suppose in the name of research, you should ask him how feels about the undead and vampires. Oh and his feelings about the color pink. But something tells me your pirate is probably decked out in head to toe pink.

Lisa Pulliam said...

Your feeling is correct. I have pink/brown clothes, hats, walls, furniture, etc. But there are a few of us who love pink, so I'm not the only wacko. :) Tee hee "wee lass." Still giggling.

Paty Jager said...

Well, Wee Lass, I'm happy you have water and your world is looking brighter!

Bonnie Staring said...

Glad you have water again, and that you're giggling like a schoolgirl instead of swearing like a sailor. ;) I'm totally loving the title of the book; can't wait to read it!

Princess in Galoshes said...

Oh dear God. Does he have a brother I could borrow?

Anonymous said...

We are SOOO glad that you can take a shower. ;)

Seriously, merry Christmas :)

Lesa~Dragon said...

Wow! Some fun with the water company, eh? Been there, done that... ick.

You're always welcome to come up and use the my water, but it's a long drive for a shower! *grins*

I love brussel sprouts. My Mate's mom called them bidaley balls... I can't even remember the real name any more. Who knew they were cursed!! Can't wait to read that story!

Hum, I've been very tempted by your Puzzle Pirates in the past, but managed to resist thus far. "Wee Lass" *giggles* Perhaps I'll have to check it out in the new year!

Happy Happy, Lady, I mean Wee Lass Lisa!

Nienke Hinton said...

clean and giggly - great way to start off the new year, Lisa! Hope it's a good one.