Saturday, December 03, 2005

Still truckin'

Slowly but surely I'm still working toward finishing the first draft of my MS. In some ways it's easier than I thought, but in many ways it's harder. I find myself spending a lot of time thinking ahead. I want to write a vampire series, but I'm not sure if this MS and storyline could be developed into a series. So I'm debating on whether I should just write it how it comes and possibly start a series with a different book, or spend time prepping it for a potential series. There are two male characters other than the hero that I see becoming hero's of their own books. But I'm not sure if the connection between the vampire and heroine I developed (that destines them to be together) is strong enough to work. Maybe I'm just not being confident enough.
I am also struggling with the humor a bit. I really like humorous romances and I want my romance to be one, but it keeps coming out more serious than I had expected. But I figure that during revisions I can add humor and fix the characters to be a bit more funny.

Gosh, then there's the revisions. Oye, that's going to be time consuming. It makes me wonder if I should be one of the people who edits as I go, but then I figure I'll never finish that way. I'm banking on the fact that once I have a full first draft, I'll be motivated to revise it and it won't be too bad.

The one thing I do know is that I need to have a revised and ready draft by the Romantic Times conference in May.

No comments: